StatCounter

Thursday, February 21, 2013

The "Sassy" Iron Man 3 Halloween costumes have been revealed!

Usually, I find "sassy" Halloween costumes laughable. Seriously. have you seen any of the spider-man ones? If you have, then you know what I mean. My first problem comes from the "only wear once" quality of the fabric. My second problem is due to the once only nature, Halloween costumes never fit as well as they should. Despite that, I always find some designs that I like.
But that's just me going off on a tangent. Here are the three female Iron Man 3 Costumes:
 
This is something that's just sprung up from Disguise: lycra body suits for girls. Some might consider it a small step up from the "Sassy _____" costumes that we usually find. It's covering with no cleavage window or anything of the like, but stretchy and form fitting so it is still considered "sexy". It's much closer to what a real super-heroine would wear on the job, so I appreciate that. The only problem is that I would feel more confident wearing this if I had the body of a super-heroine as well.
Alright, I don't know what it is about this costume, but I like it. Except for the arc reactor (but I think it just because I love the original arc reactor best). I think part of what is going on is that the cheap shiny material used for half the Halloween costumes on the market actually work to their advantage when it comes to Iron Man. Since it's a metal suit, I would be disappointed if it weren't shiny.
The last costume is a bustier. Honetly, I don't see the point. It makes me think Mean Girls does superheroes. I will give it a couple bonus points though because the arc reactor glows in the dark.

Really, with 2/3 being nice, this group of costumes does go beyond my expectations. I am still holding out for a Sassy War Machine or Iron Patriot costume though. I don't see how recoloring the costumes would be disadvantageous. Wouldn't it be slightly more P.C. to have costumes of a POC character?

No comments:

Post a Comment