StatCounter

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Wreck-It Ralph



I don't suppose I ever mentioned that I got to see Wreck-It Ralph a week before Monday. Well, I did. And I haven't stopped thinking about it since. (the only problem is that it has reawakened the gamer in me and now I want to spend all my time playing my DS)
The other thing I forgot to mention is that I made a Polyvore account a while back.
Like always, one thing led to another:
One dilemma is that overalls are so out of style that it is part of what gives Ralph a retro charm. Here I substituted a skirt (because I like skirts) and suspenders. The hulk keychain is to call back to Ralph's giant hands. The shoes are a nude platform which will be subtle and yet help with portraying his taller stature.
 
 Ralph's design was super easy and plain, so I went as casual as possible here. For some reason, I felt like a skirt would look bad for this outfit. I dunno. And a little gold hammer necklace because I don't need to explain that.

Since Vinellope wears kinda plain clothes, I decided to deviate most here. I replaced her hoodie with a cute mint sweater (because I'm really big on sweaters now). Since the ties brought a pop of color, I added a pink bowtie. Cookie earrings because the outfit itself does not scream "sweets" without something obvious. And striped tights because they're cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment